Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's... whoops I'm a little late I guess. Other than a post that was actually a devotional I gave at my family Christmas I haven't posted anything since before Christmas. There are a couple reasons why:
1. We had scans on the 26th of December. Kendra posted many updates on the results and I'm so thankful for God's provision for my treatment.
2. It was Christmas and we had family and holiday stuff like everyone else. We had a great time with both sides of the family. My brother recently got engaged and we got to meet our six-month-old nephew, so that was fun.
3. I've been sick off and on for a month. This is probably the biggest reason I haven't posted. For a week before the scans I started only sleeping about 3-4 hours a night. Then in between Christmas and New Years I caught the flu and fought a fever for about 10 days straight. I thought it got straightened out after seeing a Dr. and started to feel better until this Wednesday. While driving home I got a sharp pain in my neck that only got worse as the evening went on. A nice little visit to the ER revealed it could be a pulmonary embolism. After lots of scans and tests everything came back normal and as I suspected it was a muscle pull or pinched nerve or something muscular / skeletal. Then yesterday while driving to a business meeting I started feeling grey. I fought it off all day and went to bed with a slight fever. About an hour later the fever broke and I was finally feeling great again. The only problem is it was 1:00 am. I was wide awake and didn't go back to sleep until 4ish. After waking up at seven this morning, I've pretty much slept all day long. It wasn't until about 4 pm that I finally started feeling decent again.
I don't write all this to worry you, solicit help on how to stay healthy, or to elicit your sympathy. I know many of you care very deeply about how I'm doing. I've told Kendra I feel like the last month has been a battle. Fortunately none of the circumstances have been very serious in nature, they're just annoying, uncomfortable, or unpleasant.
When I'm sleep deprived, feverish, and overall just punky it's very hard for me to write anything. I wish I could but I just can't get the words to make sense in my head let alone on the page.
Here's a few prayer requests;
1. I have finally gotten the next round of Theraspheres scheduled. I will be going down January 23-24 for the next round. The actual injection will be very straight forward. However and this is IMPORTANT. The last scans revealed one tumor that appears to still be getting a blood supply. This allows it to grow. They're not sure where the supply is coming from, so before the injection they'll attempt to map out this specific tumor. Please pray that they could find the source and that it would be an option for a future injection of radiation. If they can't find the source or it's too intricate, then Theraspheres are not an option to treat that tumor.
2. Please pray for my overall health. While nothing seems to be serious, it is constantly a worry that an infection would get really bad, or that my body would get run down. We do take precautions to protect me and will continue to do so. However the best flu shot and medicine is the prayers of the saints.
3. Please pray for me professionally. This is a very busy time for me at work. It's exciting and God is doing some awesome things. However it requires a lot of focus and hard work. It is only for a season but I'm right in the middle of it now. Please pray for wisdom, strength, and focus.
Thanks so much for all your support. There is so much to be thankful for. We continue to take this journey one step at a time and God continues to guide us.