Sunday, January 8, 2012

A humble request

What's the purpose of all this Lord?

Why me?

What will my legacy be?

These are all questions that at one time or another have rattled around in my head. This has not be an easy journey. There have been moments that have almost been crushing. When the world seems to be caving in there are a few things that keep me going.

1. An uncompromising decision that God is in control and I can trust Him.
2. My network of family and friends.
3. The knowledge that God is using Kendra and I to help those with our story.

There is something exhilirating about God opening doors for us to share our story. Whether it was at a major Christian concert (the next day a news article about me speaking headlines our newspaper instead of Newsboys!), speaking to football teams, churches, this blog, or interacting with individuals one on one, there have been so many times God has blessed us by allowing us to encourage those around us.

When I was diagnosed I would've never imagined all of this, and I still feel like it is building. I know what my purpose is no matter how much time I have left. I am desperate to help people see life in High Definition without having to go through the struggle Kendra and I have.

Getting the chance to encourage others and help others really does make it worth dealing with this cancer.

Would you please help us? If you have been blessed by our story and the lessons God has been teaching us, would you do something for us? Would you be willing to help us share our story. There are a few ways you can help us.

1. Please help pass our blog along. You can share it to Facebook or Twitter, e-mail it to prayer chains and networks, or recommend it to your friends and family.

2. If you would be willing, would you consider helping us to find more places we would be able to share our story in person. Kendra and I desire to encourage, challenge, and inspire other people. If you think there might be an opportunity for us to share our story we would be so grateful if you would help connect us. We're not seeking any kind of compensation or reimbursement. We really just want to help out. If you know of an event, church, group, school, or team that it might be beneficial, please be willing to speak to someone on our behalf.

3. Please pray for open doors. I serve a big God and know that He will use me however he sees fit. Every day I pray that God would use me to help others and that He would open doors that I can't open. Would you join me in this prayer please?

I hope you have been blessed and ministered to by reading our blog. If you have would you please help us? We'd be so grateful.

If you have questions feel free to e-mail me at ryan@graceadventures.org. Thank you so much for your continued prayer and support. We can't tell you how much we value and appreciate it.

PS I'm feeling much better. We decided to just postpone my second dose of chemo and we'll start over again with my next cycle as scheduled. We'll also be having another set of scans done at that time.

3 comments:

Earlina said...

Yes we will pray and pass this on to as many as we can. There is such a need for hope, and you are so right it takes coming to the end of our selves before we really living begins! Praise God for the strength and courage. Eph 3:20 We see His power & love manifesting through your lives!

Darryl Jones - DJ said...

Finish STRONG Brother! Posting you on my fb and were-ever else I can think of. You encourage me in so many ways. I thank God for You & Kendra.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! We really appreciate the support.