- You can put on 30 lbs and everyone thinks that you look great.
- You don't have to worry about microwaving Styrofoam any more, what could happen? You might get cancer? Not too concerned.
- Chemo turns you into a pregnant lady. You smell things from a mile away, you get cravings for odd things, and now some foods make you ill just thinking of them.
- People ask about your bodily functions pretty often, and they seem genuinely interested.
- Things that you have always denounced - acupuncture, holistic medicine, etc. - seem very intriguing and you find yourself discussing them at great lengths while your friends nod and smile. What a weirdo.
- You get self conscious when you sit during worship at church, but you see the elderly, handicapped, and/or pregnant people around you standing - no, JUMPING - to praise God.
- You find a gray hair, and rejoice that you still have hair on your head.
- You break more of a sweat waiting for results of scans than actually exercising. Oh wait. You probably aren't exercising.
- Trying to return all of the pots, pans, and casserole dishes to the various people that bring meals to you is like trying to play connect the dots blindfolded.
- When you hear the words PET and CAT, you think more about lying in a little tube and the nasty stuff you have to consume to prepare for the test than a furry animal.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Can cancer be funny?
I like to think I'm a funny guy (no, not funny-looking, Kendra). Laughing just makes life better. I also am extremely sarcastic and have a dry sense of humor. So that being said, here are the top 10 funny things about cancer.