I'm so glad that we chose to ask people for prayer this week.
Here are very, very specific answers to prayer that we've had:
- We felt more peaceful heading into these scans than I think we ever have before. Sitting in the little room is always agony for both of us, and we were jovial and joking around the whole time. My stomach only danced a couple of times inside my abdomen, instead of doing the cha-cha for 24 hours straight before the appointment.
- I had a meeting on Monday afternoon that went as well as I could have possibly hoped for. I can't share details at this point, but praise God for the results of it.
- Ryan's scans showed that everything (tumors, blood work) totally stable again four weeks after starting the new treatment. This is the best that I hoped for! We have scans again in eight weeks and I'm going to throw my prayer energy into asking God for some shrinking of these darned tumors at that point.
- Our oncologist mentioned that there is a new chemotherapy drug in the midst of FDA approval right now that he is excited about with regards to the treatment of cholangiocarcinoma. I REALLY wish that I had asked him what the name of it is, but I forgot to. :( If you read this and you're interested in learning more, I can get ahold of him and I'll ask for you.
- Ryan is continuing to get more and more inquiries on speaking engagements. He is speaking several times this upcoming month and we are both sooo excited about how God is using this trial in our lives to impact other people! By my estimate, around two thousand people have now heard Ryan (and/or me) speak at various events, and we have now had over 75,000 hits from 8,000 unique visitors. I'm not boasting, because this has nothing to do with us, two ordinary people. I give God the glory for how He has turned a painful situation into a way for people to draw closer to Him. If we have to walk through this (which we do, unfortunately), there may as well be some eternal value to it!
We are in high spirits right now. It feels like life is moving forward, ever so slowly...and even though the future still remains a giant question mark, we continue to remain absolutely certain that we serve an all-powerful God who works miracles, and has plans to prosper us - not harm us. He gives us HOPE and a FUTURE!