- His bleeding has picked back up again slightly. Although there have been some changes and abnormalities in the last 24 hours. It is very important to keep praying that direction, but it hasn't yet happened completely.
- He has another bleeding scan today at 1:30 CST to determine whether or not they will see any active bleeding.
- Doctors are conjecturing that he is having "exudative" bleeding, which would be a tiny leak of bloody fluid seeping from minuscule capillaries. That type of bleeding would not be picked up on any scan, angiogram, or laparascopic surgery but would still produce a noticeable amount of drainage. It is not nearly as serious as "active" internal bleeding would be - Ryan's whole system would be shutting down and he would be in a lot worse shape if that were the case.
- His hemoglobin went down a tiny bit and then stabilized and his bilirubin went up a tiny bit (from yesterday). Although those are not the correct directions, they're minor changes and no one is alarmed. They're both still generally heading in the correct direction.
- So, that brings me to the next steps. His primary oncologist has consulted with radiation, interventional radiology, and surgery. The best course of action - Ryan is going to have targeted radiation to specific tumors that will last for five days. After that, the hope is that the new growths will be slowed/killed and then he can start chemo asap. Everyone is in agreement that chemo needs to happen as fast as possible, but radiation could be the first step to gain some momentum against the cancer's growth.
- Consult for radiation (scans, mapping) should happen tomorrow or Friday. Please pray for that to happen expeditiously - we are riding them to try to get it done as fast as possible. He could possibly start radiation in the middle of next week.
- We are all relieved that there are some courses of action, but some hurdles need to be jumped. Good thing we're all athletic. ;) And pushy. No one with the last name of Prudhomme sits back on their laurels.
- We know that many people would like to come and visit. We have a lot going on right now, and Ryan only has so much energy. Please direct your inquiries about visiting through Kendra - text me if you have my number, or email me through the form above and I'll get back with you shortly. If circumstances worsen and it becomes necessary for friends and family to travel, we will change our stance on this. For now, though, it seems best to hold off.
Thank you so, so very much for your prayers. I cannot reiterate enough how much they are sustaining us. Today I'd ask you to pray for our sweet little boy. We are doing our darndest to make sure that his needs are met, but obviously he's so little and he can sense something is up, yet he doesn't understand. He does know that Daddy has "owies" but we are trying very hard to not alarm him and to keep him feeling safe and sheltered and loved.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.