Saturday, November 5, 2011

Big Weekend

This will be a big weekend for Kendra and I. It started off with a bang. We watched the local high school team we like to cheer on win a big play off game last night. Then we drove half way to Chicago. Got up this morning and drove the rest of the way because I had the opportunity to give the devotional for Trinity International University's football team. This was the second time I've gotten to speak to them. Please pray that will all the speaking chances I've had lately the truth of God's promises would resonate with people and they would be encouraged.

This afternoon we'll watch the Trinity football game. Then we'll hang out here at Deerfield IL today and tomorrow. Monday I have medical scans all day. Petscan, MRI, and Catscan. It will be a long day. It will be an even longer night as we wait for the results. Tuesday we'll get the results and hopefully things will be shrinking, or at the least still holding with no growth.

Things have been going so well and I've been feeling so well that I don't have any reason to believe anything has changed. God is sovereign and as I told the football players today, none of us can control what happens to us, but all of us can control how we respond. I choose to honor God no matter what. That doesn't mean it's not scary and difficult. Please pray for Kendra, Colton, our parents, and our families. This will be a tough and difficult weekend. I'm so thankful for an incredible family to walk through this with.

2 comments:

Beth Smith said...

Ryan,
Hi, I'm not sure if you know exactly who my husband and I are...Mark and Beth Smith...we watched you and your brothers play high school ball, I teach 1st grade at Spitler in Hart, I think my husband has played basketball with you on Sundays at the high school, our daughter, Tori, was a few years younger than you, I think she is a year older than Corey.
We have been reading your blog since we read about what you have been going through in the Muskegon Chronicle.
My husband also has Ulcerative Colitis and PSC. He was diagnosed about 7 years ago, and his UC was so bad that he had his colon removed about 6 years ago. We go out to Mayo every fall for check-ups, and so far it is pretty good news every year...no changes. They said in the beginning he would probably need a liver transplant within 10 years, but we were told this year that some people may never need one. That was encouraging to hear.
We wanted to tell you this because this disease is so rare, and we found it so odd that 2 people in the same small town would have the same rare disease!
We have been thinking and praying for you and your family, and we hope your tests go well tomorrow!
Beth Smith

Stacy said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying peace and good news for you on Tuesday!
love,
the VZ family